Windows 8 come with a lot of hidden features. For easy navigation cheatkrib
brings you some of the main shortcuts
1. Windows Key + C: Displays Charms menu.
2. Windows Key + X: Brings up a menu of advanced system options, including
Windows Control Panel, Command Prompt,
Task Manager and File Explorer.
3. Windows Key + I: Displays the Settings menu for the current app. For example, if
you’re in Internet Explorer 10, this key
shows Internet options. If you’re on the
Start menu, it shows general OS settings.
4. Windows Key + Q: Brings up the apps searchmenu that allows you to search your
list of installed programs.
5. Windows Key + D: Activates desktop mode.
6. Windows Key + Tab: Brings up the Task Switcher and toggles between Windows 8-
7. Windows Key + H: Brings up Share menu for the current app. For example,
hitting Windows Key + H in Bing Maps, lets
you email or share map information on
8. Windows Key + M: Opens desktop mode and minimizes all windows.
9. Windows Key + W: Opens universal search menu and sets it to search settings.
10. Windows Key + F: Opens universal search menu and sets it to search files.
11. Windows Key + R: Opens Run menu where you can launch programs by typing
in their executable file names.
12. Windows Key + E: Opens File Explorer to the “My Computer” view which shows
all your drives.
13. Windows Key +Number Key (1-9): Switch to desktop mode and make the Nth
application on the task bar active where N
is the number key you hit and 1 is the
furthest taskbar icon to the left.
14. Windows Key + . (period key): Docks the current Windows 8-style application to
the right or left, depending on how many
times you hit it.
15. Windows Key + Z: Brings up app menu, which shows contextual options for
the active app.